Flash Templates Tutorials - Layers - Layers properties
Assignment of the new name to the layer
When created, new layers are given number names in order of their creation. Try to rename the layers to have their names reflect its content. To rename Layer: Double-click on the name of the layer, and then enter a new one.
Layer Properties dialog box - Using Layer Properties dialog box, you can specify the properties of displaying and editing of the layer. Many of these properties can be set through Timeline as well.
To change the properties of the layer: Double-click on the icon of the layer properties of which you want to change. There are following settings in the widow:
* Name - allows you to specify the name of the layer,
* Show - allows to enable or disable displaying of the layer,
* Lock – allows to lock in or unlock the layer,
* Normal - here one sets the type of the layer. Normal type is assigned to the layer by default. This type allows you to paint over the layer and animate the objects located there.
* Guide - This type allows you to create grids, backgrounds and other objects which help to level the images on the other layers. You can link several layers with a Guide layer.
* Guided – This is a layer of normal type, which is associated with the layer of the type Guide. One can tie up several layers of Normal type to the Guide layer. With this type, you can create apertures through which the lower layers will be visible.
* Layer Height - is used when it is necessary to view the graphics of audio files.
Changing order of the layers in where there are layers on the Timeline defines how the objects overlap each other on the Stage. Objects located on the upper layers of the Timeline are displayed above those objects located on the lower layers. To change the order of layers: Drag the layers to the needed space on the Timeline.
To facilitate the process of drawing, you can use Guide layers. With its help one can:
* display a background square grid, or create your own back-up at any level and turn it into the Guide layer
* Guide layers are indicated by the icon "ruler", which is displayed in front of the layer name
* Guide layer is not shown when the Flash clip is setting for publishing
* To make the layer Guide right-click and select the item Guide in the context menu
* To assign the Guide layer Normal type back select the layer and select Guide in the context menu