Flash Templates Tutorials - SAVING FILES IN GIF AND JPEG FORMATS - Exporting GIF files into Web
Exporting GIF files into Web
GIF files are exported by selecting File > Export > GIF89a Export.
Images created with the help of this action, can be:
They support the following color modes:
* Indexed Color;
Before using this action, you should convert the image into one of the two modes.
In this window, you can set the following properties:
* Palette. It may possess Adaptive and System value. Adaptive palette is based on the dominant image colors and System palette is based on colors used in Windows or Mac OS. When setting System palette, checkmark Use Best Match becomes available allowing you to replace image colors with those similar in the system palette;
* Color. Select the number of colors, which will be contained in the saved image from the drop-down list;
* Interlaced checkmark manages the interlaced image loading;
* Export Caption checkmark indicates whether it should add the caption taken from File command > File Info to the exported image.
Load button loads a previously saved palette.
Preview button allows evaluating the results of the whole work.
In addition to the above properties you can indicate:
* transparent pixel color when previewing;
* what colors should be transparent (by using Eyedropper tool);
* if the image contains channel mask, it can be used to determine the transparent areas (Transparency From).
NOTE. Black color mask defines transparency, white - opacity. There are no transitional states of transparency for GIF formats: the area is either transparent or not.