Flash Templates Tutorials - OPTIMIZING A MOVIE CLIP, PUBLISHING
OPTIMIZING A MOVIE CLIP, PUBLISHING
As part of the publishing process, while exporting Flash automatically detects duplicate images and places them on file only once, and converts nested groups into separate groups.
* You can reduce the movie size before exporting, by minimizing its download time using symbols, animated or others for each element appeared in the movie more than once.
* Use automatic animation whenever possible - it is easier than a number of keyframes.
* Limit the number of special types of text like underlining by the pointed, dotted or abrupt line and so on.
* Continuous lines occupy less space.
* Lines created with "pencil" tool require less memory than those created with brush strokes.
* Use layers to separate elements that change over the animation from those which do not change.
* Use Modify / Curves / Optimize to minimize the number of separate lines used to describe the shape
* Limit the number of fonts and font styles.
* Use Include Only Specified Font Outlines option in Text fields properties to include text fields instead of using All Font Outlines option.
* Use the embedded fonts savingly - they increase the file size.
* Avoid animating of bitmap elements; use bitmap images as background or static elements.
* Limit the changes area in each key frame; try to make the changes area much smaller as it is possible.
* Group elements in the maximum possible degree.
* Use the popup menu of the color effects in Instance Properties dialog box to create many different colored instances of the single symbol.
* Use Colors window to agree the movie color palette with the palette determined in browser.
* Use gradients savingly. Filling the field with a gradient color requires about 50 bytes of memory more than filling it with solid color.
* Check your movie on a number of different computers, operating systems and Internet connections.
* MP3 is the smallest audio format. Use it as much as possible.