Joomla Celebrated its Second Birthday with 1.5 RC2 “Endele
Joomla has recently announced about the new release of its CMS named “Endeleo”. This codename comes from Swahili and means “development, progress, growth”. The release concurred with Joomla’s second birthday, or was it meant to be this way?
Joomla shares RC2 version with major improvements in codebase area in five weeks after RC1 release. The major improvements include:
· Router refactoring solving a range of bugs
· Media Manager refactoring, moving this to MVC standards
· Updated scripts (version); mootools, tinyMCE, Xstandard
· Core template improvements
· Template language installer support
Joomla warns that after the Router refactoring there will be some known SEF URL’s issues.
The Important Reasons for Upgrade
There were three security issues found within Joomla RC1 version, an SQL injection, XSS and several; full path disclosure vulnerabilities. All of the issues are resolved for the Joomla RC2 version.
Joomla will publish at least one more release candidate (RC3) before the stable release.
Other news for Wednesday 12 September, 2007
News for Tuesday 11 September, 2007
- Monday 10 September, 2007
- Friday 07 September, 2007
- Thursday 06 September, 2007
- Wednesday 05 September, 2007
- Tuesday 04 September, 2007